One-of-a-kind special customized Super Dollfie Jack Skellington… was sold for over 2 million yen! Super Dollfie dolls are well-known for their beautiful and ethereal-looking face sculpts. Is a handsome face hiding behind the skull?
Made specially for Disney D23 Expo in Japan, this doll was put up for auction on 21 October 2013, with a starting bid of 1 yen. It was the same doll that was exhibited at Tokyo Disney Resort store.
Auction link: http://page14.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/s357025129
And he did reveal himself to be quite a lovely doll indeed…
By the time the auction closed on 27 October 2013, there were a total of 252 bids. The winning bid was 2,100,000 yen. That’s about US$21,000… contrary to what the winning bidder’s username looks like, no, I didn’t win the auction ^^;; I just found out about it today… and it’s not as if I have that kind of money to blow on a doll anyway…
Title: Super Dollfie (R） Jack Skellington スーパードルフィー(R） ジャック・スケリントン
Starting bid price: 1 yen
Ending bid price: 2,100,000 yen.
Description: Collaboration custom doll by Disney and Super Dollfie (R) for D23 Expo Japan auction. The doll is based on the design of Jack Skellington from Tim Burton’s “Nightmare Before Christmas” (R). It is a limited edition one-doll body that has been produced specially for this event. Because its structure is very delicate, it is recommended to use it only for ornamental purposes.
* Sculpted by : Zoukei-Mura 造形村
* Make : Ciera
* Eye : Zoukei-Mura glass eye ・Cecil’s eye：18/9 (mm)
* Make : Zoukei-Mura Airbrush Make- and head make-up , UV Coated
* Wig : Original Style, synthetic mohair specification
* Head : SD17
* Boy レイズナー
* Body : SD17
* Boy body Pure Skin White UV Protection
* Accessories : Doll, Wig, Jack Skellington mask, Bat jabot, Zero pin badge, Tailcoat, Vest, Shirt, Pants, Brooch, Spider nest chain, Globe, Shoes, Vanity case, Futon, Doll Stand (wooden), One-off model certificate.
Basic Super Dollfie dolls will set you back at least a few hundred bucks… I wonder if this is the most expensive Super Dollfie ever?
Elegant design from head to toe!
Clever use of Jack’s head as a mask :D
Beautiful outfit and accessories.
If you are a Super Dollfie owner, would you have paid that much for a doll like this?